Government Chhatisgarh Autonomous P.G. College , Raipur was established in 1938 as a private and undergraduate college in urban area with the initiative of Late Shri J.Yoganandam with a mission to promote higher education in this area. College aims for academic excellence through hard work and sincerity. College started with ten students in year 1938 and today has a strength of 1929 students. College was also the center of independence movement in year 1942. It is one of the oldest higher educational institutions in the erstwhile state of Madhya Pradesh and now in the newly formed state of Chhatisgarh, catering to the needs of aspirants. Postgraduate courses were introduced from the year 1950.
The college became a Government college in year 1982 and got autonomous state in the year 1996. At present it is affiliated to Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University , Raipur. The UGC accorded its recognition under 2(f) and 12(B)in 1987. It is a Govt. funded college. College is offering postgraduate courses in faculty of arts, commerce, science, journalism and law
In front of Kamla Tiwari Nursing Room,,