Home -> Science Colleges In Delhi -> Miranda House Science
Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women`s Institutions of Delhi University. It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer; its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year. Located on the University campus, Miranda House is built in warm red brick with cool and spacious verandahs. Its original design was by the renowned architect Walter George, the college shares an architectural affinity with other colonial educational institutions of the country. In the past five decades, as the college has grown, several other buildings have been added to its original design. It is now declared a heritage building and work is on to maintain its pristine glory.
Miranda offers liberal education in humanities and science to more than 2500 students. The faculty is renowned for their meritorious profile, versatile talent and dedication to the cause of education. The college has produced women who have excelled in various professions and have contributed in numerous ways to society at large.
The college has always maintained high academic standards. What is more important is the space it has provided to the students to freely express and develop views that help them respond to changes in society. Its proximity to other campus colleges enables students to participate in the academic and cultural events that take place around it.
ADDRESS:-miranda house university of delhi
TELEPHONE NO.- +91 11 27666983
FACSIMILE NO.:- +91 11 27667437
EMAIL :- firstname.lastname@example.org